Freezer Meal: Sour Cream Noodle Bake

Wednesday, September 07, 2016
 I have so many friends that do the freezer meal 'thang.'  You know, set a day aside to chop, dice, grill, and bake?  I'm going to do that, I am...someday.  In the meantime, I've gone a different route this summer.  I typically have a little more time during the summer (though, even that statement is questionable these days), so I try to make more meals at home, or the fast food folks start to know my name, birthday, and approximate ketchup requirements.  BUT, I'm single, so if I make a meal I have to cut down the proportions (you don't know how many half eggs I've washed down the sink in my years, yes I know you can freeze them, but....).  This summer I bought some disposable pans from Dollar Tree (three for a dollar, which includes the lids).  I started making a meal, and baking half in a small pan, and putting the other half in the foil containers and freezing them.  This way I have a wide selection of meals ready to go now that the school year is in full swing.
 This go 'round I made The Pioneer Woman's Sour Cream Noodle Bake.  I'm just going to tag her recipe, and say....I added about twice as much cheese because...really do I need to explain why I added extra cheese?
 I did put a layer of syran wrap over the meal I'll pull off before baking.  I wrote on top with a permanent marker, and then I'll just put in in the fridge to thaw the night before I plan to make it.
This is definitely a meal that gets better the longer it sits together (let the seasonings marry), so freezing it is the perfect solution.

No comments